Lord, do in me what You must do in order to do through me what You want to do.This coming week August 30-September 5, 2020
- Sunday, August 30,Church Service at 9:30 In our New Worship Center! Sermon Title: “The God Who Keeps His Covenant of Love!” Scripture: Nehemiah 1 & Daniel 9 Please remember to enter through the Middle Foyer. *We are continuing to stream our service LIVE on YouTube & then posting the recorded service each week on Facebook. Search “Angus Church of the Nazarene.”
- Here is the link for the new song “Living Hope” we sang last week. We will sing it again, this week, during praise and worship on Sunday. https://youtu.be/iJDD49a6Q5k
- Wednesday Night Teen Bible Study at 6:30 p.m. Contact Phil Jones for information @ (575) 336-8032 firstname.lastname@example.org cell: (575) 937-1501
- Prayer- every Thursday 6:00 p.m.
- Painting Class every Friday – 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. here in the New Worship Center – Contact Linda Brooks for more information at 336-8032
Weekly DBJ GROUPS–
Contact Jan Sweeney for more information email@example.com
Join us as we talk about Jesus, talk to Jesus about Jesus, and listen to Jesus.
Tuesday, 6:00 p.m. in Capitan at 103 S. Lincoln across from Oso Grill
Wednesday, 5:30 p.m. in the sanctuary at Angus
Thursday, 10:00 a.m. on Zoom. *Get Zoom link by emailing Lorna at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Our plan, beginning next Sunday, September 6, is to start serving breakfast again! We’re excited about being able to have breakfast available again and we hope you’ll take advantage of it and join us. ONE BIG CHANGE– We will NOT be serving breakfast during the church service, but instead will serve breakfast before the service! We’ll begin serving breakfast at 8:30 a.m. and will stop at 9:15 a.m. We want you to have time to visit and share together, but once we begin the service we want to have all of that done and we want to concentrate on worship together. So next Sunday, September 6th we will have free breakfast for all who would like to come and join us, fellowship together and then worship together at 9:30 a.m.
Life GroupsGrowth happens in groups. You weren’t created to do life alone. Starting in September, various Life Groups will be available on Sunday morning! Each quarter, different groups/classes will be offered to give you a variety of topics to choose from, from Bible studies to parenting/grandparenting to marriage enrichment and financial planning. Phil is planning on a group for youth and in time, Bible studies and crafts will be available for children.
Being part of a Life Group means having people you can talk to, depend on, and explore God’s Word with. Getting plugged in with a group is a great place to make new friends, dive deeper into scripture, and strengthen your relationship with Jesus.
Please be in prayer as we launch this new opportunity to grow in faith and connect with others here at Angus Church.
- Vinson’s son in-law’s nephew: 20 years old with stage 4 leukemia
- Continue to pray for the victims of the hurricanes in the south and southeast
- Continue to pray for the fires in the west
- Opal Peters: broken hip and surgery
- Michael Brazel: doing better, but still needs prayer – his family tested negative for COVID
- Kevin: Steven’s uncle with skin cancer
- Jeanie Austin: her condition is worsening – please pray for God’s intervention
- Phil’s Mom: doctors feel like they got all of the cancer – please continue to pray for her recovery
- Dennis Haskell: still in need of prayer for physical needs
- Phil Best: back at home– pray for god’s touch on Phil and Claudia both
- Joe Medina: Joe is back and working with Efrene
- Pastor Paul Baker: (Mountainair, NM) cancer has returned and is terminal
- Pastor Darryl Tennefos: Esophageal Cancer surgery pending
- Nation & Leaders
Our folks with special physical needs:
· Bob Appleby
· Janett Travis
- If you like to read or listen to the Nazarene Mission books they are now available online. Go to https://nazarene.org/who-we-are/organization/ministries/nazarene-missions-international/nmi-missions-books
Contact Angus Church Staff:CHURCH PHONE (575) 336-8032
Visit our website @ anguschurch.org
•PASTOR – RICK @ email@example.com
•SECRETARY- KAREN LEE @ firstname.lastname@example.org
•YOUTH PASTOR-PHIL JONES @ email@example.com
•DISCIPLESHIP-JAN SWEENEY @ firstname.lastname@example.org
•COMPASSIONATE – LORNA FIKE @ email@example.com
•ASSIMILATIONS-TAMARA BAILEY @ Tamara@bccacctg.com