This coming week Aug. 9-15
- Sunday, August 9, Church Service at 9:30 Sermon Title “Listening to God” Scripture: Acts 13-15 *We are continuing to stream our service LIVE on YouTube & then posting the recorded service each week on Facebook. Search “Angus Church of the Nazarene.”
- Over the last 40 days, we have joined with Christians all across our county for 40 Days of Prayer for Revival in Lincoln County. This Sunday, August 9at 5:00 p.m. we will gather at Wingfield Park in Ruidoso to pray and rejoice together over what God is doing. Come out and be part of this very special time of prayer with your brothers and sisters in Christ!
- Monday, August 10, we could use volunteers to help us “clean up!” We will be working every day next week, (excluding Tuesday which is Food Distribution day), to get ready for our August 16 service. If you have some time next week and are willing to help, call the office at about 9:30 each morning & we’ll give instructions as to what needs to be done, or just show up ready to help! ALL HELP will be GREATLY appreciated.
- Board Mtg.- Monday, August 10, at 6:00 p.m.
- Food Distribution- Tuesday, August 11, at 11:00 a.m.
- Prayer- every Thursday 6:00 p.m.
The following week-August 16-22
- Next Sunday, August 16, will be our first worship service in our new worship center. Our 25% minimum is now 200 people, so don’t worry about making reservations, JUST COME & JOIN WITH US! We are excited to be worshiping in the newly remodeled area and so very excited that everyone can come and join with us. PLEASE NOTE: Everyone will enter the building next week in the MIDDLE FOYER! There will be signs of where to enter, so please pay attention & join with us. Our worship service next week begins at 9:30 a.m.
- August 19- 12:00 – 4:00 p.m. Angus Church Blood Drive – Call/Text Stephanie at 575 840-8178 to sign up Sponsor Code: ANGUS
- Growth happens in groups. You weren’t created to do life alone. Starting in September, various Life Groups will be available on Sunday morning! Each quarter, different groups/classes will be offered to give you a variety of topics to choose from, from Bible studies to parenting/grandparenting to marriage enrichment and financial planning. Phil is planning on a group for youth and in time, Bible studies and crafts will be available for children.
Being part of a Life Group means having people you can talk to, depend on, and explore God’s Word with. Getting plugged in with a group is a great place to make new friends, dive deeper into scripture, and strengthen your relationship with Jesus.
Please be in prayer as we launch this new opportunity to grow in faith and connect with others here at Angus Church.
Weekly DBJ GROUPS– Contact Jan Sweeney for more information email@example.com
True discipleship is an invitation to become like Christ; to absorb His passions, behaviors, and wisdom by listening and responding to Him; to engage in a relationship with Him that shapes us into His likeness and in turn, inspires others to do the same. Join the journey:
Tuesday, 6:00 p.m. in Capitan at 103 S. Lincoln across from Oso Grill
Wednesday, 5:30 p.m. in the sanctuary at Angus
Thursday, 10:00 a.m. on Zoom. *Get Zoom link by emailing Lorna at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Stuart Blackshear: she will be having surgery for a cancerous growth on her ankle in Houston this week
· Phil Jones Mom: dealing with colon cancer
· Dennis Haskell: still in need of prayer for physical needs
· Phil Best: back at home– pray for god’s touch on Phil and Claudia both
· Joe Medina: (works with Efrene) dealing with COVID positive test along with cancer
· Pastor Paul Baker: (Mountainair, NM) cancer has returned and is terminal
· Pastor Darryl Tennefos: Esophageal Cancer surgery pending
· Nation & Leaders
Our folks with special physical needs:
· Bob Appleby
· Janett Travis
Angus Church of the Nazarene(575) 336-8032
103 Bonita Park Rd.Capitan, New Mexico 88316