Lord, do in me what You must do in order to do through me what You want to do.
The Alabaster Offering gets to the mission field via several avenues. The most widely used is the Alabaster Box. Individuals are challenged to regularly contribute the cost of items they desire but do not need. The boxes also serve as reminders to pray for those people who will benefit from Alabaster buildings.
In September and February, the money is collected. Many churches receive regular offerings throughout the year that are designated as Alabaster funds. (This is often a part of the Faith Promise plan for mission giving.) However, the semi-annual offerings in September and February are tradition in the Church of the Nazarene.
Purchase boxes or give directly online!
Sunday, October 4
- We serve Breakfast every Sunday morning 8:30-9:15- All are welcome to join! *If you are interested in helping serve breakfast please contact Tamara Bailey @ Tamara@bccacctg.com or the church office at (575) 336-8032.
- Sunday, October 4,Church Service at 9:30 In our Worship Center! Sermon Title: “What Do We HaveIn Our Hands?” Scripture: John 6:8-9, 1 Kings 17:7-16, Exodus 4:1-4, & 2 Kings 4:1-2 Please remember to enter through the Middle Foyer. *We are continuing to stream our service LIVE on YouTube & then posting the recorded service each week on Facebook. Search “Angus Church of the Nazarene.”
We have classes available:
- A Bible study taught by Pat Trembly at 8:30, before our worship service. Come at 8:15, grab breakfast, & take it to Room 12.
- Ron Hutchison will be leading a class that will include videos, each week, on the Colson Center Prayer Initiative. This class will meet in Room 12, beginning 5 minutes following the worship service.
- Ed & Jo Beth Vinson will be leading an Intentional Christian Grandparenting class, teaching grandparents how to be more effective with their grandchildren in sharing Christ, whether they live near or far. This will take place in the former sanctuary and begin 5 minutes following the worship service.
- Jan Sweeney will be leading a Discipled By Jesus group, beginning 5 minutes following the worship service, in Room 9. What an amazing way to learn to draw closer to Jesus in your life.
- Also, following the worship service Phil is meeting with the teens, upstairs, in the Teen Loft. Bring Your Own BIBLE!
You are welcome to join our gathering–just for ladies–that meets in the home of Ilene Marsh on Mondays at 10:00am. For more information, contact Ilene or call the church at (575) 336-8032. The schedule is as follows:
· 1st Monday of every month: Roll bandages for the Kujup Nazarene Hospital in Papua New Guinea
· 3rd Monday and 4th Monday of every month: Bible Study!
Beginning next Sunday, October 11, we have four days of revival and an emphasis on drawing closer to the Lord with Rev. Billy Huddleston. Billy is from Ohio and travels most of the year preaching and singing in churches across the United States. His preaching is relevant, challenging, and biblically based. This will be an incredible 4 days of seeking God’s presence led by a God-inspired man! We challenge you to be part of this time.
Sunday, October 11 – 9:30 a.m. & 6:00 p.m.
Monday, October 12 – 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, October 13 – 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, October 14 – 6:00 p.m.
We have a great opportunity to impact children & teens from Capitan Schools. We are looking at providing a place for students to come, throughout the week, to use our Church and internet, to do their homework. We need people that would be willing to give some time to volunteer, to be a sponsor, and or tutor. We will be practicing social distancing and everyone would be required to wear a mask. We will provide a Background check for everyone. Please pray about this amazing opportunity! If you are interested or want more information, please contact our Church office (575) 336-8032 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekly DBJ GROUPS– *Discipled by Jesus is a prayer process … for group and individual conversations with Jesus. We talk to Jesus, and He talks to us (John 10:4, 27) via His Spirit, His Word, and through His Spirit-led Body. Through this group process, we train Jesus’ disciples to: 1) better sit at His feet in private, 2) better follow Jesus moment by moment in public (instead of making Him follow what we think or feel or want), and 3) better make disciples of Jesus by helping others be discipled by Jesus as we are being discipled by Jesus.
Tuesday, 6:00 p.m. in Capitan at 103 S. Lincoln across from Oso Grill
Wednesday, 5:30 p.m. in the sanctuary at Angus
Thursday, 10:00 a.m. on Zoom. *Get Zoom link by emailing Lorna at email@example.com
Contact Jan Sweeney for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday Night Teen Bible Study at 6:30 p.m. Contact Phil Jones for information @ (575) 336-8032 email@example.com cell: (575) 937-1501
- Prayer- every Thursday 6:00 p.m.
- Painting Class every Friday – 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. here in the Worship Center – Contact Linda Brooks for more information at 336-8032
- Joe Medina: received news this week that his colon cancer is stage 3
- Tom Battin: has been in the hospital with blood pressure issues
- Dennis Haskell: recovery from broken hip and surgery to replace pain pump this week
- Mike Payne: dealing with infection on his foot, but is home and doing better
- Keena Brazel: thyroid levels dropped miraculously in 6 weeks
- Shelly Arnold’s sister:tested positive for Covid
- Linda Thomas: Marquita Appleby’s sister in-law with a tumor on her spine
- Kayle Frierson & Jonathan High, Ray & Charlotte’s son, both fighting fires in Oregon
- Continue to pray for the victims of the hurricanes in the south and southeast
- Continue to pray for the fires in the west
- Opal Peters: broken hip and surgery
- Jeanie Austin: will see a rheumatologist soon to see if they can discover the source of the issue– Please send cards to: P.O. Box 2328 Ruidoso 88355
- Dennis Haskell: still in need of prayer for physical needs
- Phil Best: back at home– pray for god’s touch on Phil and Claudia both
- Pastor Paul Baker: (Mountainair, NM) cancer has returned and is terminal
- Nation & Leaders
Our folks with special physical needs:
- Bob Appleby
- Janett Travis
Contact Angus Church Staff:CHURCH PHONE (575) 336-8032
Visit our website @ anguschurch.org
•PASTOR – RICK @ firstname.lastname@example.org
•SECRETARY- KAREN LEE @ email@example.com
•YOUTH PASTOR-PHIL JONES @ firstname.lastname@example.org
•DISCIPLESHIP-JAN SWEENEY @ email@example.com
•COMPASSIONATE – LORNA FIKE @ firstname.lastname@example.org
•ASSIMILATION-TAMARA BAILEY @ Tamara@bccacctg.com