Lord, do in me what You must do in order to do through me what You want to do.This coming week September 13-19
- Breakfast 8:30-9:15
- Sunday, September 13,Church Service at 9:30 In our Worship Center! Sermon Title: “If My People…!” Scripture: 2 Chronicles 7:14 Please remember to enter through the Middle Foyer. *We are continuing to stream our service LIVE on YouTube & then posting the recorded service each week on Facebook. Search “Angus Church of the Nazarene.”
- This Sunday, September 13, is National Grandparent’s Day! We have a special gift for up to 14 grandparents to share with your grandchildren. These are scripture cards that you can personalize for your grandchildren to encourage them and challenge them through the use of scripture. Happy Grandparent’s Day!
- This past week we were given a box of t-shirts from Ski Apache 2020 Spring Break adventure. Because of COVID-19 they were unable to hold this event and they are giving away these t-shirts to anyone interested. We will have a number of these shirts for kids to adults available on Sunday in the worship center.
- Wednesday Night Teen Bible Study at 6:30 p.m. Contact Phil Jones for information @ (575) 336-8032 email@example.com cell: (575) 937-1501
- Prayer- every Thursday 6:00 p.m.
- Painting Class every Friday – 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. here in the New Worship Center – Contact Linda Brooks for more information at 336-8032
Weekly DBJ GROUPS– What a rich time we have sharing stories of seeing Jesus at work, praising and thanking Him, and being enlightened with insights that are clearly from Him! “Every time I come to DBJ, I get recharged.” – Kaylee. The realm of heaven’s kingdom is bursting forth, and passionate people have taken hold of its power (Matthew 11:12). Join us! Everyone is welcome!
Tuesday, 6:00 p.m. in Capitan at 103 S. Lincoln across from Oso Grill
Wednesday, 5:30 p.m. in the sanctuary at Angus
Thursday, 10:00 a.m. on Zoom. *Get Zoom link by emailing Lorna at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Jan Sweeney for more information email@example.com
- Watch for information about being part of the live-cast of The Return event which takes place on Friday evening, September 25 and Saturday, September 26. This event is a national call to prayer. The event will take place in Washington D.C. and we will have the opportunity for a live-cast of at least part of this event here at our building. More information to follow.
Beginning Sunday, September 27, we will be providing the opportunity for you to be part of a small group or class.
We have four classes/groups ready to begin and we would love for you to be part of them.
1) A senior adult class that uses the Nazarene Publishing materials will plan on meeting at 8:30 a.m. before the worship service. Pat Trembly will be leading this class.
2) Ron Hutchison will be leading a class that will be sharing a brief video taken from Colson Center who is leading a nation-wide call to prayer. Different current national and local Christian leaders lead in these special calls to prayer with a different one each week. This class will meet at 11:00 a.m. after the worship service.
3) Jan Sweeney will be leading a Discipled By Jesus class also at 11:00 a.m. following the worship service. If you have never been part of a DBJ group, we want to encourage you strongly to check this out. It is more than a program, it is an incredible way to connect with Christ.
4) Ed & Jo Beth Vinson will lead a special Grandparenting class using special videos and notebooks. This seminar is an incredible opportunity for grandparents to learn how to be more involved spiritually in the lives of your grandchildren regardless of whether they live close to you or not.
The scope of these classes is that they will last 10-14 weeks and then we will offer new classes as well. We hope that you will take advantage of these incredible opportunities.Baby Announcements!
Chelsea, Kendal, & Kyanna Wilson welcomed baby sister, Jemma, on August 17th.
Loren, Danielle, & August Rush welcomed baby sister, Penelope, Sept 4th.
Both Mommies and babies are home. Congratulations, to these families!
- Vinson’s son in-law’s nephew: 20 years old with stage 4 leukemia
- Continue to pray for the victims of the hurricanes in the south and southeast
- Continue to pray for the fires in the west
- Opal Peters: broken hip and surgery
- Faye Hutchison in hospital
- Jeanie Austin: her condition is worsening – please pray for God’s intervention
- Staci Willis – Denise’s sister dealing with heart issues and AFIB
- Phil’s Mom: doctors feel like they got all of the cancer – please continue to pray for her recovery
- Dennis Haskell: still in need of prayer for physical needs
- Phil Best: back at home– pray for god’s touch on Phil and Claudia both
- Pastor Paul Baker: (Mountainair, NM) cancer has returned and is terminal
- Pastor Darryl Tennefos: Esophageal Cancer surgery pending
- Nation & Leaders
Our folks with special physical needs: · Bob Appleby · Janett Travis
- If you like to read or listen to the Nazarene Mission books they are now available online. Go to https://nazarene.org/who-we-are/organization/ministries/nazarene-missions-international/nmi-missions-books
Contact Angus Church Staff:CHURCH PHONE (575) 336-8032
Visit our website @ anguschurch.org
•PASTOR – RICK @ firstname.lastname@example.org
•SECRETARY- KAREN LEE @ email@example.com
•YOUTH PASTOR-PHIL JONES @ firstname.lastname@example.org
•DISCIPLESHIP-JAN SWEENEY @ email@example.com
•COMPASSIONATE – LORNA FIKE @ firstname.lastname@example.org
•ASSIMILATION-TAMARA BAILEY @ Tamara@bccacctg.com