Lord, do in me what You must do in order to do through me what You want to do.
Sunday, October 11
- We serve Breakfast every Sunday morning 8:30-9:15- All are welcome to join! *If you are interested in helping serve breakfast please contact Tamara Bailey @ Tamara@bccacctg.com or the church office at (575) 336-8032.
- We will be blessed to have Rev. Billy Huddleston with us this Sunday, October 11. We will have four days of revival with an emphasis on drawing closer to the Lord. Billy is from Ohio and travels most of the year preaching and singing in churches across the United States. His preaching is relevant, challenging, and biblically based. This will be an incredible 4 days of seeking God’s presence led by a God-inspired man! We challenge you to be part of this time.Sunday, October 11 – 9:30 a.m. & 6:00 p.m.Monday, October 12 – 6:00 p.m.Tuesday, October 13 – 6:00 p.m.Wednesday, October 14 – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday Morning Life Groups
- A Bible study taught by Pat Trembly at 8:30, before our worship service. Come at 8:15, grab breakfast, & take it to Room 12.
- Ron Hutchison will be leading a class that will include videos, each week, on the Colson Center Prayer Initiative. This class will meet in Room 12, beginning 5 minutes following the worship service.
- Ed & Jo Beth Vinson will be leading an Intentional Christian Grandparenting class, teaching grandparents how to be more effective with their grandchildren in sharing Christ, whether they live near or far. This will take place in the former sanctuary and begin 5 minutes following the worship service.
- Jan Sweeney will be leading a Discipled By Jesus group, beginning 5 minutes following the worship service, in Room 9. What an amazing way to learn to draw closer to Jesus in your life.
- Also, following the worship service Phil is meeting with the teens, upstairs, in the Teen Loft. Bring Your Own BIBLE!
Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child Shoe Boxes are in!
“From children to seniors, people pack shoebox gifts each year to bless children in need around the world. Parents often use the project to teach their kids about giving. Year-round volunteers support these efforts across the country.”
Pick up your box this Sunday, October 11. This year all the boxes are labeled with a number. Please fill out your name, contact information, and box number (for church use only) on the clipboard at the table. The boxes are due back by November 8, but you can drop them off at the church office anytime before then.
- This coming Tuesday, October 13, at 11:00 we will have our Food Distribution here at Angus.
- There will be no regularly scheduled DBJ meetings or other regularly scheduled meetings during the evening this week. Instead we challenge you to be part of our special services here at Angus.
- We invite anyone to join us each evening at 5:30 for prayer for our service this week. We will meet in the Children’s Area, (our former sanctuary) to pray for our services that evening and all are welcome.
You are welcome to join our gathering–just for ladies–that meets in the home of Ilene Marsh on Mondays at 10:00am. For more information, contact Ilene or call the church at (575) 336-8032. The schedule is as follows:
· 1st Monday of every month: Roll bandages for the Kujup Nazarene Hospital in Papua New Guinea
· 3rd Monday and 4th Monday of every month: Bible Study!
- Pray for the family of Pastor Darryl Tennefos in Portales – Pastor Tennefos passed away this week.
- Joe Medina: received news this week that his colon cancer is stage 3
- Tom Battin: has been in the hospital with blood pressure issues
- Dennis Haskell: recovery from broken hip and surgery to replace pain pump this week
- Mike Payne: dealing with infection on his foot, but is home and doing better
- Keena Brazel: thyroid levels dropped miraculously in 6 weeks
- Shelly Arnold’s sister: she is feeling better and is back at work
- Linda Thomas: Marquita Appleby’s sister in-law with a tumor on her spine
- Continue to pray for the fires in the west
- Opal Peters: broken hip and surgery
- Jeanie Austin: will see a rheumatologist soon to see if they can discover the source of the issue– Please send cards to: P.O. Box 2328 Ruidoso 88355
- Dennis Haskell: still in need of prayer for physical needs
- Phil Best: back at home– pray for god’s touch on Phil and Claudia both
- Pastor Paul Baker: (Mountainair, NM) cancer has returned and is terminal
- Nation & Leaders
Our folks with special physical needs:
- Bob Appleby
- Janett Travis
Contact Angus Church Staff:CHURCH PHONE (575) 336-8032
Visit our website @ anguschurch.org
•PASTOR – RICK @ firstname.lastname@example.org
•SECRETARY- KAREN LEE @ email@example.com
•YOUTH PASTOR-PHIL JONES @ firstname.lastname@example.org
•DISCIPLESHIP-JAN SWEENEY @ email@example.com
•COMPASSIONATE – LORNA FIKE @ firstname.lastname@example.org
•ASSIMILATION-TAMARA BAILEY @ Tamara@bccacctg.com