Lord, do in me what You must do in order to do through me what You want to do.
Sunday, October 25
- We serve Breakfast every Sunday morning 8:30-9:15- All are welcome to join! *If you are interested in helping serve breakfast please contact Tamara Bailey @ Tamara@bccacctg.com or the church office at (575) 336-8032.
- Sunday, October 25,Church Service at 9:30 In our Worship Center! Sermon Title: “The Joy of the Lord” Scripture: John 15:5-11 *We are continuing to stream our service LIVE on YouTube & then posting the recorded service each week on Facebook. Search “Angus Church of the Nazarene.”
Sunday Morning Life Groups
- A Bible study taught by Pat Trembly at 8:30, before our worship service. Come at 8:15, grab breakfast, & take it to Room 12.
- Ron Hutchison is leading a class that includes videos, each week, on the Colson Center Prayer Initiative. This class meets in Room 12, beginning 5 minutes following the worship service.
- Ed & Jo Beth Vinson is leading an Intentional Christian Grandparenting class, teaching grandparents how to be more effective with their grandchildren in sharing Christ, whether they live near or far. This takes place in the former sanctuary and begins 5 minutes following the worship service.
- Beginning 5 minutes following the worship service in Room 9, we are LISTENING as Jesus Disciples us from the Book of Philippians. “My sheep hear My VOICE and I know them, and they follow Me” John 10:27
- Also, following the worship service Phil is meeting with the teens, upstairs, in the Teen Loft. Bring Your Own BIBLE!
We still have about 30 Samaritan’s Purse-Operation Christmas Child Shoe Boxes to fill!
Reminder: The boxes are due back by Sunday, November 8, but you can drop them off at the church office anytime before then. This year all the boxes are labeled with a number. Please fill out your name, contact information, (for church use only) and the number on the box on the clipboard at the table.
Hope Harbor is raising money with a Christmas Wreath Campaign for the holidays.
- You can purchase a beautiful live Evergreen Classic Wreath for only $30 or a live Evergreen Classic Spray for $25. If you have friends or family you’d like to send a wreath to, you can do that for $40. This money raised will help Hope Harbor in the final stages of their remodel! Plan now on helping this organization by purchasing a beautiful wreath or spray for your home for Christmas. The wreaths and sprays will be in the week of Thanksgiving. Please see any of our Hope Harbor Board: Marci Butchofsky, Ed or JoBeth Vinson, Lorna Fike our director, Irma Devine, and Rick and Sue Hutchison!
- Mondays at 10:00 a.m. Ladies! You are welcome to join our gathering–just for ladies–that meets in the home of Ilene Marsh. For more information, contact Ilene or call the church at (575) 336-8032. The schedule is as follows:
· 1st Monday of every month: Roll bandages for the Kujup Nazarene Hospital in Papua New Guinea
·3rd Monday and 4th Monday of every month: Bible Study!
- Tuesday, October 27, 11:00 a.m Food Distribution
- Tuesday, October 27, 12:00-4:00 Vitalant will be holding a Blood Drive here at Angus. To schedule a time to donate Call/Text Stephanie at (575) 840-8178 Sponsor Code: Angus
- Wednesday Night Teen Bible Study at 6:30 p.m. Contact Phil Jones for information @ (575) 336-8032 firstname.lastname@example.org cell: (575) 937-1501
- Prayer- every Thursday 6:00 p.m.
- Painting Class every Friday – 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. here in the Worship Center – Contact Linda Brooks for more information at 336-8032
Weekly DBJ GROUPS– What a rich time we have sharing stories of seeing Jesus at work, praising and thanking Him, and being enlightened with insights that are clearly from Him! “Every time I come to DBJ, I get recharged.” – Kaylee. The realm of heaven’s kingdom is bursting forth, and passionate people have taken hold of its power (Matthew 11:12). Join us! Everyone is welcome!
Tuesday, 6:00 p.m. in Capitan at 103 S. Lincoln across from Oso Grill
Wednesday, 5:30 p.m. in the sanctuary at Angus
Thursday, 10:00 a.m. on Zoom. *Get Zoom link by emailing Lorna at email@example.com
Contact Jan Sweeney for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
· George Saucier: in need of prayer concerning his physical health
· Barbara Cooper: her Mom passed away recently
· Our school kids we are hosting each week
· Pray for the family of Pastor Darryl Tennefos in Portales—Pastor Tennefos passed away recently.
· Joe Medina: received news that his colon cancer is stage 3
· Tom Battin: is in rehab and is doing well
· Dennis Haskell: home & recovering
· Mike Payne: dealing with infection on his foot but is home & doing better
· Keena Brazel: thyroid levels dropped miraculously in 6 weeks
· Opal Peters: recovering from broken hip and surgery
· Jeanie Austin: will see a rheumatologist soon to see if they can discover the source of the issue– Please send cards to: P.O. Box 2328 Ruidoso 88355
· Phil Best: continue to pray for Phil and Claudia
· Pastor Paul Baker: (Mountainair, NM) cancer has returned and is terminal
· Nation & Leaders
Our folks with special physical needs:
· Bob Appleby
· Janett TravisContact Angus Church Staff:CHURCH PHONE (575) 336-8032
Visit our website @ anguschurch.org
•PASTOR – RICK @ email@example.com
•SECRETARY- KAREN LEE @ firstname.lastname@example.org
•YOUTH PASTOR-PHIL JONES @ email@example.com
•DISCIPLESHIP-JAN SWEENEY @ firstname.lastname@example.org
•COMPASSIONATE – LORNA FIKE @ email@example.com
•ASSIMILATION-TAMARA BAILEY @ Tamara@bccacctg.com